Getting in touch with a celebrity could be a really difficult procedure regardless of whatever your reasons might be. There are no assurances that your correspondence will end up in the celebrity’s hands, be you a fan who simply wants to express support, an entrepreneur who desires to approach the celebrity with a business opportunity, or a journalist who hopes to secure a meeting. This can be unbelievably discouraging.
There are different strategies for getting in contact with a celebrity. Some of these approaches are better options than others depending on the kind of business that you want to do with the celebrity. However, all of them have a decent chance at being a success if done right. With no specific focus on what you are going to do with the celebrity, below are steps to take in successfully contacting a celebrity.
Step 1: Create Clear Plan and Objectives
Reaching celebrities can be tedious and costly if you don’t do it right, so it bodes well to have a solid plan before you strong plan before trying to contact any celebrity.
Before you decide which celebrity you want to bring on board, thoroughly prepare your campaign materials. Unless you have your objectives well drawn ahead of time, the celebrity won’t be able to see your vision, and they will be depending on your qualities and strength to inspire and empower them.
You will progress easily if you know what you desire to accomplish, and how you intend to achieve it. Below are contents to address in your plan
- What sort of campaign are you running? (Online awareness, gala event, auction?)
- What are your target age group?
- How would you like to utilize your celebrity supporters? (Event attendance, radio, meet-and-greet, video, or social media?)
- Who are your supporters influenced by? (Musicians, businessmen, scientists?)
Don’t contact a celebrity simply because you love his television show. Your personal interest should have little or no impact in your decision making. Things to ask yourself include:
- Is she personally connection to your cause? That will make her help you consistently, and it also gives her charitable actions some credibility.
- Is he overburdened now? If he is completely consumed by his projects at the moment, he won’t be able to dedicate sufficient time or energy to your organization.
- Does she maintain a strategic distance from spotlight? She most likely won’t get you your desired attention if she doesn’t like paparazzi following her around.
- Are fans likely to be involved in how you are making use of her participation and support? It’s fantastic if she prefers making anonymous donations, however, it won’t make her fans come to your events or website.
- Are your supporters’ feeling about you likely to be positively affected by the celebrity’s involvement? If you have mostly older people as your current supporters, they aren’t likely to be excited by a young celebrity, and vice versa.
After deciding on which celebrity to get in touch with, do more research. What organizations have they lent their support? What did they do to demonstrate their support? How has did that turn out for the organization?
Step 2: Communicate Your Message
When writing your letter of introduction, try to get their attention immediately, putting in mind that these people are extremely busy and constantly approached. If the email is too long or unclear, they lose interest quickly. Nothing turns off a busy person more than dredging through a long letter or email, attempting to make sense of what you’re after. You can perfectly explain what you are doing, however you must state how you think the reader can help before they can imagine themselves helping you.
Your communication with the celebrity should involve the following.
- Try summing up what your project is about in one or two catchy sentences.
- Describe your assets, including existing funding, plans already in place, main supporters, experience etc.
- Whether it’s appearing at an event or signing a photo, state how you want the person help.
- Ensure you state why they are a good candidate for your project, as it demonstrates your understanding of their situation.
- State what the celebrity will benefit from being involved
- Don’t send out multiple letters at the same time, it screams spam, and steals the strength of your letter.
- Edit and proofread your letters, and have others do the same for you.
- Be sure to include a return envelope or response cards if you would like a response
- Add links to any important websites, so they can do additional research on their own if they so desire.
- Don’t oversell your position, be honest.
- Putting too much pressure on them is likely to scare them away.
- Don’t tell a celebrity that you hope he finds it in his heart to support you. Nothing turns off a recipient more than such message. Don’t appear desperate, it doesn’t work!
Step 3: Obtain Contact information for celebrities
- Contact Celebrity Agent, Manager, or Publicist
Celebrities don’t often handle their business deals, such as promotional campaigns and endorsements. The main people you should contact are the celebrity’s agent if you’re planning to set up a business deal with the celebrity. This is so because it’s an agent’s responsibility to looking for work for their clients, and they’ll also be your primary contact for negotiating the contract once you get to that stage.
The celebrity’s manager may also be involved in the decision-making process. The responsibility of the manager is to provide career guidance and advice. They’ll be needed to sign off on any potential deals along with the agent, and the celebrity.
The celebrity’s publicist is also an important piece of the team, particularly in guaranteeing that the celebrity they represent is favorably seen by the public. Also, in case you desire to conduct an interview with the celebrity or you need a press pass, you’ll have to go through their publicist to be approved. You can find the contact info for the celebrity’s agent, manager, and publicist by using a celebrity contact info database like Booking Agent Info.
Celebrity Contact Info through Social Media
The social media offers a glimpse into the lives of celebrities, and this allows fans to feel more connected to their favorite stars. This is also great in keeping track of what celebrities are involved in. Without having to attend a lot of events, the celebrities use the social media as a good way to maintain their public profile. They also utilize the social media to give their audience a picture of what their identity as an individual is.
In case you are planning to secure an interview with a celebrity, the social media isnt a great way for you to contact them. However, the social media is probably not your best bet. They receive enormous amounts of messages and comments on social media, therefore, there is a slim chance of your message to be seen. It is important that, you shouldn’t be contacting the celebrity directly if you’re focusing on meeting for a business deal such as a marketing campaign or an endorsement. Rather, the people in charge of their business deals are the ones you should be reaching out to.
Sometimes the celebrity contact info can be found free on their website, although it may provide you with only general or outdated information most of the times.